Tips For Pets When You Are Away & Free Essential Oils Handbook (Revised)!
- Starting a few days before you are going to be leaving, take time each day to sit quietly and communicate your plans to them. You do not have to be a professional animal communicator to do this. Simply trust that our animals are aware of what we are thinking about a great deal of the time.
- Asking them what they feel would help them to feel better while you are gone is ideal. If you are not feeling confident about the information you are receiving you can consult with a professional communicator. Consider all options for their care as far as what they would prefer (being boarded vs staying in your home, etc).
- To explain to an animal the length of time that I will be gone, I show them the sun going down and my bed being empty. I then show them waking up and whoever is going to be feeding them, etc doing so. And I do that for every night and day that I am going to be away. Animals do have a sense of time and this will help them with understanding how long you will be away. Check in with them while you are gone in the same manner. Remind them of how many days you will be gone.
- I consistently use essential oils with animals to assist with calming during what might be times of increased stress. (get your FREE copy of my revised Insider Secrets To Using Essential Oils With Animals Handbook here). You may have other holistic modalities that you have found to be helpful. In the business of packing and planning, it can be easy to forget about them. This is the time to make sure to explain proper usage to whomever is going to be caring for them whil you are away.
- I have been fan of Through A Dog’s Ear music for animals for a long time. I started using this music with my dog, Meesha, who was terrified of thunder storms. These songs are specially created to help with calming for cats and dogs.
- Sonic has a very understanding person who recognized that he was simply upset and missed her. It is so important not to chastize your animal if they do something like leaveing a “message” for you. They missed you and need you to let them know that you may go again but will do whatever it takes to make it easier for them the next time.
Just taking that extra time to make things a litle more comfortable for your animal family members can make all the difference in the world for them while you are away. You will feel better about leaving and will be able to relax knowing that you have taken these extra steps to support them!
Has It Been On Your Heart To Learn?!
Contact Anne for details and information Anne@IntuitiveTouchAnimalCare.Com
Distance course from the comfort of your own home starts Oct. 8 – sign up now to save your spot!
Delve Into The Animal Human Connection – Upcoming Animal Communcation Level 1 & II Classes